Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Simple Oatmeal Bread



As I got out of Costco, I realized that I just bought myself 10 lbs of Quaker's oatmeal and had no idea what to do with it. Then yesterday I went to Whole Earth Center to buy my raspberry muffin when I saw a loaf of oatmeal bread. That's when I thought to myself: why not try to make oatmeal bread!

Ingredients 

4 cups oatmeal flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tbsp yeast
1 1/2 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 banana

Procedure 

1. Add the oatmeal in a blender and grind it until it looks like flour
2. Put the oatmeal into a bowl along with the rest of the ingredients: the whole wheat flour, the salt, the yeast, the water and olive oil (NOTE: Make sure to squish the banana until its no longer chunky)
3. Mix until the dough is formed
4. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes
5. Form the dough into a ball and put in a bowl, cover the bowl with a plate and store it in a cool, dry place for proximately an hour and a half (NOTE: I usually leave it in the microwave or the oven)
6. Once the dough has risen to the top of the bowl, take out the dough and split the dough in half and flatten both pieces into a square
7. With one of the halves, fold the square like a pamphlet then do the same for the other half
8. Put each half into two separate pans and let it rise for about an hour
9. Once it has risen, turn the oven on to 350 degrees F and leave in the oven for about 40 to 45 minutes

 And voila you have created delicious oatmeal bread!! Any questions? Comment down below : )


No comments:

Post a Comment