As a university student, I do not have much time to cook. I therefore combine foods I like and make simple, inexpensive, and quick recipes. For this recipe, I combined two whole foods I enjoy: mushrooms and chickpeas. Try it out, it only takes about five minutes to prepare!
1 cup sliced or whole mushrooms
1/2 cup chickpeas (preferably dry chickpeas)
1 egg white
pepper and salt (optional)
1. If you buy dry chickpeas, soak them in water inside a pot overnight
1. Drain the water from the pot and add fresh water to the same pot
2. Bring water to a boil and cook until the beans become tender (approximately half an hour to an hour)
NOTE: I suggest you do this in bulk so you don't have to repeat this process every time you want to use chickpeas. All you have to do is freeze what you are not using.
1. If you are starting with whole mushrooms, slice mushrooms into thin even slices
2. Heat a pan to medium heat and add sliced mushrooms.
3. While mixing the mushrooms, add cooked chickpeas into the pan
4. Add egg and egg white to the mix
5. Let it cook until the eggs are scrambled
VOILA AND ENJOY