Friday, January 18, 2013

Pumpkin Tofu Pancake

Hi there!

I felt like being creative today so I decided to add two ingredients I have never added into my pancakes before: tofu and pumpkin. What an odd combination right? Well I must say my morning breakfast turned out amazing and I wanted to share my recipe with you guys.



Ingredients:
1- 11/2 cup of oatmeal or whole wheat flour
1 cup of water or skim milk
1/2 cup of pumpkin
1 cup spinach
1 egg or 2 egg whites
1/4 cup of soft tofu
2 teaspoon baking soda (optional)
1 teaspoon salt

Directions: 
1. In a bowl, mix dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt)
2. Add egg, tofu, spinach, and pumpkin into the bowl and mix
3. Add skim milk or water into the mix and mix until uniform texture throughout
4. Heat a pan over medium heat
5. Pour a portion of the batter into the pan and wait until several bubbles form
6. Flip the pancake over until brown

VOILA and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment