Thursday, February 17, 2011

Stress in, Stress out, Stress GONE.

Stress.
That horrible feeling that your head is going to explode in about two seconds.
It sucks.
Many people I know choose to eat, drink or sleep as ways to forget about everything and release some of that stress. Many of those people are also constantly complaining about their weight and how they want to shed some of those pounds but simply can't.
Well, I'm sorry but if every single time you are stressed about a test, your family, or your annoying boyfriend and decide to eat your stress away, there's simply no way you'll lose weight.

What's my solution? GET MOVING. Get off the couch, close Facebook, turn off How I Met Your Mother and put your running shoes on. Now.
I know it might seem like a drag to go to the gym (even more so if you have to drive there), but think about how you'll feel once you get there and actually work out. Sweating the stress away might be the most successful medicine after a long hard day. Remember that line on Legally Blonde?


 No? Just me? OK fine, but she makes a point. Exercise helps you forget about things, you can run, you can hit things without people thinking you're crazy, and after you're done you'll feel great about yourself. You'll feel proud that you didn't eat that bag of chips. I promise.

However, there are also those days when you just don't want to move. I know. I've been there.
When that happens, instead of buying that bag of chips buy a bag of carrots. Plain or with some salt and lemon juice, they will give you the same feeling that the chips will because you're eating something. And after you're done you'll feel pretty good about not having eaten 1000 calories worth of greasy, disgusting and unhealthy potato chips.



No comments:

Post a Comment