Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Healthy Tuna and Kale Pasta Sauce

I didn't have too much time to cook dinner this evening so I didn't want to make anything too fancy. I decided to add vegetables into a pot, followed by tomato sauce and tuna and I made a delicious pasta sauce! 
TIP: Usually when I buy vegetables, I cut everything up that day and put them into separate containers so I don't have to worry about chopping each individual ingredient the day of. I hope you enjoy this recipe! 


Ingredients
- 3/4 cup of frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, green beans)
- 2 cups of celery
- 11/2 cup of kale
- 1/2 jar of Whole Foods 365 Days Roasted Vegetable Tomato Sauce
- 1 tuna can 

Directions
1. Boil water in a pot
2. Add celery and heat until soft
3. Add kale and heat for about 2 minutes
4. Drain the water out of the pot 
5. With the kale and celery already in the pot, add the tomato sauce and the frozen vegetables and stir 
6. Turn the heat down to medium heat and wait until all the ingredients warm up 
7. Add tuna into the tomato sauce 

VOILA AND ENJOY 

No comments:

Post a Comment